Lt. Col. David Snodgrass is the Commander, 457th Fighter Squadron, 301st Fighter Wing, Air Force Reserve Command, U.S. Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas. He is responsible for all operational aspects and combat employment of more than 20 F-16C+ aircraft and its pilots in support of combatant commanders’ directives and theater contingencies worldwide.
Lt. Col. Snodgrass was commissioned in 2001 through ROTC at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. He served fourteen years on Active Duty before entering the Air Force Reserve as an Air Reserve Technician in 2015. Since 2020, he has served in an Active Guard/Reserve position.
Lt. Col. Snodgrass is a command pilot with more than 2,200 hours in the F-16 as an instructor pilot, evaluator, and mission commander. He has participated in combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan in support of operations ENDURING FREEDOM, NEW DAWN, FREEDOM’S SENTINEL, and RESOLUTE SUPPORT. Prior to his current position, the lieutenant colonel was the Director of Operations, 457th Fighter Squadron, 301st Fighter Wing, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas.
2001 Bachelor of Science, Architecture, Texas Tech University, Lubbock
2008 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2012 Master of Business Administration, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
2012 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence.
2021 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence.
1. June 2001-November 2001, Scheduling & Training Officer, 9th Air Support Operations Squadron, Fort Hood, Texas
2. December 2001-December 2002, Student, Class 03-03, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas
3. January 2003-May 2003, Student, T-6 Pilot Instructor Training, 558th Flying Training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. June 2003–April 2006, T-6 Instructor Pilot & Assistant Flight Commander, 84th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
5. May 2006-July 2006, Student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, 49th Flying Training Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
6. August 2006-July 2007, Student, F-16 Formal Training Unit, 309th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
7. August 2007-April 2010, F-16 Flight Lead & Flight Commander, 79th Fighter Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
8. April 2010-February 2012, F-16 FTU Instructor Pilot & Flight Commander, 309th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
9. February 2012-September 2013, F-16 FTU Instructor Pilot & Assistant Director of Operations, 56th Operations Support Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
10. September 2013-July 2015, Block 60 F-16 Instructor Pilot, Extended Training Support Specialists, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
11. July 2015–February 2017, F-16 Instructor Pilot & Chief of Scheduling 457th Fighter Squadron, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
12. February 2017–July 2019, F-16 Evaluator Pilot & Chief of Standardization & Evaluation, 301st Operations Group, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
13. July 2019 – August 2021, Director of Operations, 457th Fighter Squadron, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
14. September 2021-Present, Commander, 457th Fighter Squadron, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
Rating: command pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,700 including 307 combat hours
Aircraft Flown: F-16, T-6, T-38, T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 30, 2001
First Lieutenant May 30, 2003
Captain May 30, 2005
Major July 1, 2011
Lieutenant Colonel July 6, 2016
(Current as of January 2022)