Lt. Col. A. Michael Chebino is the Commander of the 24th Fighter Squadron, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas. He is responsible for leading a team of 185 active duty Airmen consisting of pilots, maintainers, medical, communications and administrative support personnel in one of the largest Total Force Integrated units within Air Combat Command.
Lt. Col. Chebino is a distinguished graduate of Texas Tech University's ROTC program. He served as a deputy group commander, chief of safety, chief of wing plans and programs, director of operations, and flight commander. Lt. Col. Chebino has operational experience in Europe, Southwest Asia and Far East Asia as well as combat experience from Operations ENDURING FREEDOM, SPARTAN SHIELD, RESOLUTE SUPPORT and ATLAS GUARDIAN. He is a graduate of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., and decorated command pilot with more than 375 combat hours.
Prior to his current position, Lt. Col. Chebino served as Director of Staff, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano Air Base, Italy.
2004 Bachelor of Arts, Geography and Military Studies, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
2010 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force, Ala.
2012 Master of Business Administration, Trident University, Cypress, Calif.
2016 U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2016 Joint Targeting School, Virginia Beach, Va.
2017 Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1. June 2004 - August 2005, Student, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2. March 2006 - December 2006, Student, F-16 Formal Training Unit, 308th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
3. December 2006 - December 2009, Strike Mission Pilot, 555th Fighter Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
4. February 2010 - February 2012, Electronic Combat Pilot and Flight Commander, 36th Fighter Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
5. June 2012 - April 2013, Flight Commander, 77th Fighter Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
6. May 2013 - May 2015, Aide-de-Camp and Flight Examiner, 9th Air Force, Shaw AFB, S.C.
7. May 2015 - June 2016, Student, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
8. June 2016 - June 2018, Joint Targeting School Staff Course Manager, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff, Dam Neck, Va.
9. September 2018 - September 2019, Chief of Safety, 51st Fighter Wing, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
10. September 2019 - June 2020, Chief of Wing Plans and Programs, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano AB, Italy
11. June 2020 - January 2021, Director of Operations, 31st Operations Support Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
12. January 2021 - May 2021, Deputy Group Commander, 378th Expeditionary Operations Group, Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia
13. June 2021 - June 2022, Director of Staff, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano AB, Italy
14. June 2022 - Present, Commander, 24th Fighter Squadron, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
(Current as of June 2022)